Subsidies for Babysitting Fees in Engineering
All engineering researchers raising children can subsidize babysitting and temporary childcare fees. There are two application periods per year, in September and February. Application documents can be downloaded from our website.
Range Of Support
- In principle, the period of support is from April 1st until February 28th.
- The first program period is from April 1st until September 30th, and the second program period is from October 1st until February 28th.
- Expenses for the use of babysitters, childcare facilities, temporary or extended childcare (daily fees), etc. will be applied mainly for the purposes of balancing childcare with research, lectures, teaching, business trips, conferences, etc.
- Extended daycare on a monthly basis and other services that are considered part of a permanent childcare system are not eligible for subsidies.
- In principle, the fee for childcare services provided by a babysitter, etc. (including transportation costs for pick-up and drop-off and additional fees for early morning and evening daycare), and incidental fees such as housekeeping services, admission fees, annual fees, cancellation fees etc. are not eligible for subsidies.
- The temporary use of childcare and post-illness childcare at the university’s on-campus childcare facilities are not covered by the subsidy.
Prepare the attached documents: 1. Babysitter Fees Subsidy Application Form, 2. the Reference Materials document, 3. Notification of Babysitter Fees (as well as how many times you have used the subsidy), and 4. the Invoice for Babysitter Fees (including how many times you have applied), along with a receipt with date of use and total fee. Submit these first to the General Affairs Division of the applicant’s department to be compiled, then to the General Affairs Desk in the General Affairs Division of the Department of Engineering by the following deadlines.
Submission Deadline: First round: October 31st, Second round: February 28th